Monday, October 12, 2009

Career Possibility

For the past year or so, I have been having slight back problems, especially during wrestling season. The pain has never been very bad, but has sometimes bothered me along with other aches and pains. About a week ago I was over at my grandparent's house with my family to watch general conference and I have a SayGoBeDo moment. I felt like I should mention my pains to my grandparents. I already knew that my grandpa was a rolfer, trained by Ida Rolf herself, and that my grandma did feldenkrais work, but I had never thought to mention it to them. (For those who don't know, rolfing and feldenkraising help your body return to it's perfect blueprint of movement and structure. They take care of many problems that chiropractors seek to fix, but at a deeper level with permanent results.) After mentioning my back pain, my grandma worked on my back for a little on the same day and I scheduled days with my grandpa when I would come over for rolfing sessions. (I just finished with my fourth session today and I will be going in for my fifth tomorrow. The results are amazing! But I won't go into that here.) During one of my rolfing sessions last week, I began wondering how someone is trained to become a rolfer and I thought it would be interesting to find out. I decided that I would ask my Grandpa. I forgot to ask on that day, but I did remember today and I am glad that I did. I am not sure if rolfing will ever be part of my career; I am not sure I even have what it takes to become a rolfer. But I am glad that I followed the SayGoBeDo moment I had and talked to my grandpa about rolfing.

No comments:

Post a Comment