Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conference...by Kathy

After a weekend of hearing the leader's of my church, I have a million sgbd's.  Okay, slight exageration but 'tis my trademark.  I know I need to be better at attending the temple (it's on the calendar!), do some sewing for humanitarian aid (it's the only sewing I do if I can help it!), and be more diligent about serving the people around me.  In between sessions of the conference I visited my friend that had a stroke because she recently came home and she was the one that came to mind.  And tonight at sign language I followed all my sgbd's to help where needed and was given several opportunities.  I'm grateful for sgbd's because they really do help you to be a better person (when followed...otherwise you just feel lousy! :)  And I'm also thankful that they usually encourage me to do things for others. 

One other quick thing that happened yesterday.  I was writing an email to my students encouraging them to enter an essay contest and I felt like I should create an internal essay contest and award a prize.  I've already had one student take me up on the challenge so I'm pretty excited about that.  Here's hoping there are a few other ones :)

No comments:

Post a Comment