Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Yesterday...by Emily

Well, I can't really think of any SGBD's I had today but I do have one from yesterday that I thought was pretty funny.

I was driving (to Kathy's house, actually, which is a little ironic) and I accidently got on the wrong freeway. Thankfully I noticed right away and I was able to get off pretty much right after I got on. I exited on a road that I knew sort of well but I didn't really know any way to get back to the freeway except basically going all the way back to my house, and I didn't want to do that but I didn't know what other choice I had. As I came up to the first light I felt like I should turn right, even though I didn't know that road. So I turned right, thinking that I could always turn around and go back. Amazingly, it led right to the freeway and I could get back on heading the right way!

So I was driving along, happy that I had followed my SGBD and I was now heading the right direction, and I would only be a little late. Then I looked on the seat next to me and realized, oh no!! I had forgotten my purse and consequently, my driver's license! If a cop pulled me over, that would be BAD news for me. I noticed this just as I was coming up to the exit for my house (which I was now passing since I had gone the wrong way and then turned around), and was thankful that I had actually gotten turned around since now it would be easier to get home. But I was hitting myself because I knew that now I would be REALLY late...and I looked at the clock to see just how late I would be...and I realized that I had gotten mixed up about the time I was supposed to be at Kathy's house and had left half an hour early, so I had plenty of time to go back home and get my license. It was a wondrous circle of SGBDs! Ha ha. Glad I followed them all--and ended up at Kathy's house just about right on time! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment