Thursday, October 8, 2009

What is important

For the past month or so my grandfather's health has been failing dramatically. He has had medical problems for several years now, but it hasn't been very bad until recently. At this point, he could die anytime now. For the past several weeks my family, especially my mom, have taken trips up to Riverside to spend time with him while we can. During most of the trips, I have had other things going on and haven't been able to go. I knew it would be a good thing for me to visit him, but I wasn't to concerned about it because I felt like I would have much meaningful time with him if I did, especially since my grandpa wasn't up to talking several of the times my family went up. But then one night after my mom came back from visiting him, she started telling us about the conversasions that she had had with him and about how she was able to find out about his past and other information that she never knew. During that time I had a SayGoBeDo moment telling me that I should go up and visit him. I told my mother about my desire and we arrainged for my sister and me to go up the following Saturday. We had a great visit with him. I was able to talk with my grandpa quite a bit about important things. I am very glad that I followed that SayGoBeDo. I am glad that I decided that it was important to go visit my grandpa.

My next one isn't quite as big, but it is a SayGoBeDo nonetheless. Last night I brought several CDs to mutual with me so that I could give them back to my friend who lent them to me. During mutal someone from my family came to the church and took the car that we had brought, leaving us the van in it's place. I discovered this when I went out to get the CDs. The van was locked and I could not see the CDs inside of it. I told my friend that the CDs were in the other car and that I would have to give them to her another time. AfterI said this, I felt like I should check anyways. So I found my dad and got the keys from him. Sure enough, the CDs were in the van and I was able to give them to my friend. Maybe the person who switched the cars had a SayGoBeDo to put the CDs in the van.

1 comment:

  1. Hold onto your chairs, hats and anything else that may go flying... I just may have stumbled across the secret to staying young and having lots of energy! Do you want to know this secret? (Those of you who are already blogging probably have already figured it out by now) Yes! The secret is to follow your SayGoBeDos! Here's my experience from this morning.

    I haven't signed up before now because I feel so overwhelmed with what is already going on in my life but after reading the other posts and having a sgbd this morning, I feel like I need (uh-oh, is the reactive or proactive language?) to get on board!

    I have been feeling like we need to meet our neighbors that we haven't met yet, but my family is not as excited as I am to do this. So I have decided to just go on over there without them. But of course I want to take them some homecooked goodies. This morning as I was starting banana nut bread for breakfast, I had the thought I should make a full batch and save a loaf by putting it in the freezer or for giving it to my neighbor. We ususally don't even finish half a batch and I get tired of wasting good food, so I ignored the thought and was feeling grumpy about my day ahead. When I finally decided to go ahead and make a full batch like the thought that came to me, I felt more energized and lighter (that sounds funny but since I went jogging this morning, could I really be possibly lighter? :) ). So I added more to what I started (any time I bake it is a loooong process). Then the worries came in, what if I don't cook it long enough, what if the baking soda clumps and they get a nasty tasting clump (and this is even after I sift and stir it in with some flour and it still clumps!), what if there aren't enough bananas in it to call it banana bread? Well, I tried to be very careful while watching for clumps and mushed the one I found. I then rummaged through my freezer and found more bananas to thaw. And I'll just have to be careful to make sure the loaves are all the way cooked. It's okay if it's not a perfect loaf! (I had almost talked myself out of planning to take a loaf over.)

    I cannot believe the energy I feel! Wow! Does this mean when I am tired that it's because I haven't been following my sgbd? Hmmm... and Wow! Who needs sleep when all you need to do is follow your sgbds?

    My bread is baked and it looks and tested done :)! Stay tuned for when I actually make it across the street to meet my neighbor!

    ReplyDelete