Thursday, October 1, 2009

Responsibility..

Well it has been about two and a half weeks since my family went to Utah and left me and my brother here to take care of the house and it has also been about two weeks since I have written down my SGBD's. For some reason I keep forgetting(or neglecting the fact)that I have a responsibility to share my SGBD's with you guys. Sadly I do not remember all of my SGBD moments since I last wrote but I do remember one. About two Sundays ago I was called to speak in Sacrement meeting for my church(The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). I told them that I would not be able to because I was going to be in Utah that coming Sunday. Well the Saturday before the Sunday that I was supposed to speak at came and I was still home and was told that we weren't going to Utah until the next weekend. So I called the first counselor of the Bishopric and told him that I was going to be able to be at church but didn't feel like I had enough time to prepare a talk and I honestly wasn't all that upset about missing it. He told me that he understood but if I still wanted to speak I could and that he would enjoy whatever I had to say. I really wanted to say no but I had a feeling that I should say yes. Then I remembered a scripture in the bible that strongely influenced my answer. It is Revelation 22:4-5 and it says, "And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. And there shall be no night there;and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall riegn for ever and ever." And pretty much what this means to me is that if we let every one know that we are followers of Christ, then God will bless us and we will be able to live and reign with him forever. I knew that denying an opportunity to speak would be like denying the opportunity to bare Christ's name on my forehead or in other words show my love for him. So I spoke the following morning and guess what! I really wasn't that nervous and accually enjoyed it(Thanks to Kathy and her speech class).

No comments:

Post a Comment